The answer is No. The bottom ribbing still remains. Oh and picking out all the white dog fur which has become such a fun, interesting and unwanted feature of this pure black garment.
Quick note: this pattern is up for testing! If you’re interested, the link to the testing thread on Ravelry is here. And now, time for a detailed pattern analysis on my Fennec pullover. I really loved the intriguing lines of cables and lace — although I have to say they look more like insect wings rather Read More
The Arabella is done! I’ve written about it before, so not much more to add. I started with a Brooklyn Tweed pattern size and merged it with a CustomFit generated neck, yoke and sleeves for best fit. I do think it would have looked more structured in a woollen spun yarn, and find that the Read More
After moaning and complaining about knitting fingering weight sweaters, here we are again, with a fingering weight tunic. Another Brooklyn Tweed pattern, Arabella. It’s a simple, vented tunic, made special by the gores which push the fabric out into a playful, swingy shape. I’m planning to use CustomFit for the top of the body and Read More
‘Tis done! I love this colour. It’s a brownish grey, and that sounds dirty and smoggy, but is actually very delicate and beautiful. The brown also makes it a warm grey, perfect with warmer skin tones. Not much more to say here beyond what I’ve already mentioned. I generated an hourglass shape, close fit, scoop neck pullover with CustomFit, Read More
No, no, I haven’t gone and bought a kitten. That would be absolute mayhem! I’m talking about this yarn: A subtle, dusty grey; Madelinetosh Merino Light in “Kitten”. After the high drama of the last FO, I decided to make something useful again, to plug a much needed and frequently identified gap in my wardrobe: Read More
Yes, it really is that bright! Another simple v-neck pullover template, filled in with seed stitch chevrons. They sublimate upwards, wispier as they rise. I had planned to work the sleeves in the same pattern, even diligently noting down the row number of the underarm BO so I could match patterns exactly. But the pattern Read More
I’m writing up a CustomFit recipe for the Nightblooms pullover. Will need testers soon! In the meanwhile… Juicy! Dizzy! Orange!
Done! I made no significant changes except to generate the basic cardigan with CustomFit. This required some number massaging for the sleeves, since the cocoon stitch needs about 10% more than stockinette for the same gauge. I used a button-band allowance of -6”, with neck depth at 5” below underarm. The pattern features a clever Read More