The answer is No. The bottom ribbing still remains. Oh and picking out all the white dog fur which has become such a fun, interesting and unwanted feature of this pure black garment.
The pattern for Vrishti is now released! Vrishti is Sanskrit for “rain”. I ran a naming contest on a Ravelry group and the winner said they saw raindrops falling down a windowpane in the lace pattern. I fell in love with the evocative name instantly! In my determination to only knit what I will wear, I Read More
One sleeve is done, and I’m quite pleased with it: I’m glad I listened to all the niggling doubts about how the first iteration was turning out. This one feels and fits much better. Of course, the neck is still very sloppy, but the back insert and ribbing should fix that. Now that I’m done Read More
So I was chugging away at my Fennec pullover, but the complicated lace drained me a little. I’m only a little further than I was before — this picture is in B/W to show details better: And that’s because I started working on the red grey strip pattern and it was so much fun! Stockinette Read More
Ages (ie, three years) ago, I started making batches of projects, planning ahead for the next few months. I think I even had a revoltingly cutesy name for them, referring to them as the “current project harem”. I can’t recall why I dropped the system, because it’s back, and it works! Julia Socks are up to Read More
I swatched some of the pretty Debbie Bliss Donegal Tweed a few weeks ago. It makes such a good fabric, wonderfully light, and with that matte integrity that tweeds seem to acquire after blocking. I’m thinking of a compound raglan pullover, bottom up, the raglan lines marked with — you guessed it — these slipped Read More
It is done! I think this is my most well travelled knitting, started in London, knitted in Bangkok, finished in Johannesburg and photographed in Nairobi. It is everything I imagined it to be, elegant and casual, warm and light. And beautiful! I wanted a non-baggy drop shouldered pullover, with gentle side shaping and a Read More
… has been tested. The back just grew and grew and grew. But finally, today, I joined the fronts! Now to introduce and keep track of the pattern, angle the outer strips out, work bust short rows and increase the sides. Ok then.
The Arabella is done! I’ve written about it before, so not much more to add. I started with a Brooklyn Tweed pattern size and merged it with a CustomFit generated neck, yoke and sleeves for best fit. I do think it would have looked more structured in a woollen spun yarn, and find that the Read More