Select Page

And the Sourcebook Fitted Pullover, the one featuring that fox pattern, is done.

Isn’t it adorable? I wanted to knit this as soon as I saw it, but had to figure out how and why I would wear it. I settled on some lustrous DK weight pima cotton in deep black, used CustomFit to generate a close fitting garment, and was off to a great start with the back. DK weight stockinette just flies by after knitting fingering weight for over a year!

And then I started the front. Oh dear! The lace and cable pattern is very non-intuitive (because, of course, it’s drawing a picture rather than repeating motifs) and I had to refer to the chart for every line. Every. Line. To add to that, I had a horrible suspicion that it would turn out too small, and I’d have to do complicated things like knit triangular inserts for the sides. As it happens, the fit was perfect. I’ve probably been knitting drop-sleeved, positive-ease sweaters for so long that I’ve forgotten what a well-fitting garment in my size looks like.

I also wasn’t sure if my yarn would last, so I started provisionally at the waist for both front and back. Once everything else was done and sewed up, I picked up the provisional stitches and worked the ribbing downwards until the yarn ran out.

I worked the sleeve top down, shaping the cap with short rows, entirely in twisted rib.

Love it!

Pattern: Sourcebook Fitted Pullover
Yarn: Cascade Ultra Pima DK, 3 skeins, “Black”
Needles: 3.5mm
Ravelled: here

%d bloggers like this: